|Key aspects of the Role
- Setting high standards of personal behaviour and professional conduct by example and encouragement, therefore raising expectations in staff and students, driving up levels of achievement and equipping students for lifelong learning.
- Taking responsibility for the educational organisation/operation of the relevant subject area (including keeping abreast of developments within the appropriate field).
- Undertaking teaching duties under the guidance of the Deputy Head and or the Assistant Head teachers. (This includes preparation, presentation, and monitoring and feedback.)
- Keeping relevant and appropriate records of children’s educational programmes and achievement.
- Assisting in the preparation of all necessary reports and documents concerning the monitoring of children’s progress and the work of the Academy.
- Maintain an overview of assessment in the subject and ensure that assessments inform teaching.
- Ensuring that all Standard Procedures and statutory obligations concerning Health and Safety and the interests of the School and of the general public, are satisfied.
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of strong and positive links with parents and with members of the local community.
- Participating in induction, training, supervision and appraisal processes.
- Contributing to the creation of an environment conducive to a happy and healthy life for the children placed at the Academy.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post, which the Head, or his duly authorised Deputy, shall direct.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Qualified Teacher status
- SEN experience
What we can offer you:-
- Science technician 4 days a week
- Well equipped Science Lab for all lessons
- Small Classes
- Teacher laptop & IPad
- Employee assistance plan
- Comprehensive NQT induction & CPD (if applicable)
- Potential leadership development programme (if applicable)
Visits to the Academy are very welcome or if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org;