Here at the Springfields Academy autism is our passion and we aim to understand, enable and empower autistic learners every day.
The majority of children and young people with autism are educated in mainstream settings; working with Springfields Autism Support provides access to specialist expertise and experience. If you’re looking to develop your understanding of the autistic learner, build staff confidence, make reasonable adjustments or improve your environment then we have multiple ways to help.
The academy has vast experience in supporting schools, education professionals and other organisations with their SEND provision. As a National Autistic Society accredited school you can be confident that the Springfields team bring specialist knowledge and skills to your setting. You can find out more about our experienced outreach and advisory team on our ‘About Us’ page. You can view our School to School Support Brochure below.
You can find out more about our training offer in our Autism Outreach and Advisory Service Brochure below.
Support for Multi-Academy Trusts
Support for 2023/2024
Sharing SEND Practice
You can also study for the NA Senco with us.
Training in Your Setting
We offer a range of twilight training sessions that can take place in your setting or virtually.
Sessions normally last around 60 minutes, but this can be adapted to suit your needs. We cover a wide range of topics including:
- An Introduction to Autism
- An Introduction to Communication and Visuals
- Supporting and Managing Anxiety
- Supporting and Managing Dysregulated Behaviour
- Enabling Environments and Sensory Needs
- Executive (dys) Function
- Central Coherence
- Can people with autism see things from different perspectives? An introduction to Theory of Mind
- Making Maths concrete for the autistic learner
- Structured Teaching and Structured Environments
- Discussing Difference with Autistic Learners
- ADHD and Autism: A Mixed Profile