Autism outreach and advisory service
School to School Support
The Springfields Academy supports schools, colleges and other organisations to develop excellent and effective autism practice.
The academy has vast experience in supporting schools, education professionals and other organisations with their SEND provision. As a National Autistic Society accredited school you can be confident that the Springfields team bring specialist knowledge and skills to your setting. You can find out more about our experienced outreach and advisory team on our ‘About Us’ page. You can view our School to School Support Brochure below.
You can find out more about our offer in the brochure below.
We also have a training and outreach offer for multi-academy Trusts and federations of schools. You can find more information about this below.
Support offer for MATs
Our outreach and advisory team can provide a range of school to school support measures, including:
Leadership and Management
- Audits of need across SEND provision, safeguarding or school environment
- SEND review or deep dive
- Pupil Premium Review or deep dive
- SENCo supervision
- SEND leadership development
- Support with writing action or improvement plans for SEND
- Supporting SEND Governance
- School Improvement Partners (SIPs)
Teaching and Learning
- Whole staff training in your setting on the theories of autism
- Maximising the impact of additional adults
- Line managing and deploying support staff
- Support and advice with transitions
- Advice on interventions
- Structured visits to the academy to see effective practice in action
- Learning Outside the Classroom
- SEN provision across high needs and complex settings
- Quality First Teaching and Differentiation
- Surgeries and problem-solving sessions
- Early identification of SEND
- Understanding and reviewing EHCPs and Annual Review training
- Curriculum design
Social and Emotional Aspects of Care
- Therapeutic strategies and support
- Engaging parents, carers and families
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Designated Safeguarding Lead supervision
All of our support is bespoke, taking your setting and needs into account. As a child-centred provision, our focus is always on the needs of the child and the right outcomes for them. Our support ranges from an hour to comprehensive, longer term packages across the academic year. Get in touch for a free, virtual 30 minute initial consultation to discuss your needs.