Statement of principles
Springfields Residential Social Care provides stability of placement, relationships and educational experience for young people with an education, health and care plan (EHCP).
This is secured through:
- Leadership, experience, development and commitment of residential care team
- External scrutiny of provision. R44
- Key worker system
- Staff stability (low turnover – internal cover i.e. no bank staffing)
- Relationship with and communications with teaching staff
- Parent/carer partnership
- Activities and opportunities to maintain and develop links with, and to, the child’s home community
- Regular communications through the key worker system with the child regarding their future, their progress and areas they will gain further support to develop.
Springfield Academy social care key outcomes:
- Positive self-esteem and efficacy
- Promote good health and emotional and social wellbeing for life
- Recovery from previous experiences – developmental, educational and/or environmental
- To fulfil educational potential
- Facilitate successful transition: gain employment, further training, and education
- Build and maintain relationships and contribute positively to society/community
Through these outcomes we aim to build safe independent lives for young people aged 7-16, who require the routines, structures and support of five day residential provision. Our residential provision has a focus of understanding the child, enabling independence, which is co-ordinated through a processes of nurture, scaffolding and support.
We build social skills and emotional resilience both with peers and within the home environment which can be practised in child’s local community. We transform attitudes to learning and nurture personal health and wellbeing, through a personalised programme of structured tasks and activities, for younger pupils, and monitored independent activities for older children.
We measure progress made, through the initial 12 week assessment, termly reports and our Autism Tracker which we complete three times per year.
We liaise closely with teaching staff and support our young people in the school environment as and when this is required.