At Springfields, we give high priority to safeguarding our pupils.
We do this by ensuring that:
- Our single central record is regularly updated to reflect the latest information relating to all members of staff, governors and regular visitors.
- Designated staff and governors are trained in child protection and safer recruitment.
- Safeguarding policies and statements are clear and easily accessible for all stakeholders on the Academy website and reinforced through regular training, monitoring, and evaluation of practice.
- Pupils and the safeguarding of pupils is regularly discussed and recorded on a daily and weekly basis. All staff are in receipt of a key safeguarding document, which informs day-to-day practice.
- There is a regular programme of safeguarding training relating to child protection, child sexual exploitation and prevent is undertaken by designated members of staff, governors, and other staff. All staff have received child protection, child sexual exploitation, county lines, sexually harmful and/or problematic behaviour, FGM and Prevent training. This was updated in September 2019.
- We work closely with our multi-agency partners to signpost the correct support to safeguard our pupils and their families.
- We recognise the vulnerability of the pupils attending Springfields. We therefore have specific individual policies regarding CSE, PREVENT, sexually harmful and/or problematic and FGM that inform working practice.
Sometimes allegations are made against a member of staff. All allegations are taken seriously and investigated in line with statutory guidance (Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018) and consultation with the DOFA, to determine whether there is cause for concern.
The Designated Safeguarding lead is the Deputy Head teacher, Michael Thomas and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Maxine Lawrence.
Copies of the Academy Policies can be found here.